I manufacture painted bespoke furniture. When building and painting a kitchen with 5 different colour doors I found myself with 5 rollers and brushes on the go at once. looking for the eureka moment I came up with the “Wash A Way”
- It cleans brushes and rollers in under 60 seconds
- It Saves Water
- It leaves very little to no mess
- It works with almost all paints
- It is Bedfordshire Invented, designed and manufactured.
The concept which is design protected through “ACID” is a free flow away of all tainted water and more grove slot or hole edges to work the brush against.
In the case of rollers, a flat surface to roll and squeeze against whilst all paint-laden water immediately washes away.
The initial cleaning of both can be done underwater to loosen and dilute ready for the final wash in free-flowing clean water.
For oil-based paint, before cleaning we work in some emulsion paint and the emulsifier in the emulsion allows the brush or roller to be washed in water.
It partners our other products, i.e. “The rubble shovel” and “Fence Guard”.
We have partnered with other British manufacturers, to share a sales team, exhibition stands, and selling techniques, i.e. “NEC Plastics”, “Walther Strong” and “Blockblitz”
- I have given up manufacturing kitchens to champion British Design and manufacturing
- The “Wash A Way” is now distributed by wholesalers including “Colemans” and “Chain”
- The “Wash A Way” went through approval and testing with Harris Brushes
- We have been featured on “Ideal World TV” and are in their catalogue (item number 442006)
- “Brewers Decorator Centres” throughout the UK carry counter top boxes of 24 which our suppliers replenish.
- “Taskers” in Liverpool have display stands of 160 “Wash A Ways” with TVs’ as do “Rightways” stores and “Bevans” stores across Wales
- “NEC Plastics Ltd” (the Manufacturer and part owner of the mould) “Blockblitz” “Walther Strong” and “J Randalls” have come together to share our belief in British design and Manufacture, Share a UK wide sales team, display together at exhibitions and fayres.
- We have a sales team covering all areas of the UK
- NEC Plastics are now supplying Trago Mills and in Talks with B&Q
- We have a “Wash A Way” Facebook page @washawaypaint.
It has changed my business model from that of being a small business to one of innovation. I have always invented and given away my ideas, some went on to be big sellers. The neoprene grouting float for one.
I’m now 70, have a pension and no mortgage and want to see British manufacturers building British goods. This is a small start, but we have at least a dozen innovative new tools to come out in the next couple of years.
I am approached regularly by others who want to get their ideas to market, and can now advise, design, get them manufactured and using our sales team get them to market. In most cases as partner products to those already there.
NEC Plastics and I are building and supplying the product to market with our sales team “Integrity supplies UK Ltd” handling the sales team. we are looking at about 18 months before our marketing investments allow us to make a profit on this product but we are in it to win it, with adverts and TV promotions ongoing.